A1. Personal Information :
Personal Information means and includes all information that can be linked to a specific individual or to identify any individual, such as name, address, mailing address, telephone number, electronic mail address, credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, information about the travel, bookings, co-travelers and any and all details that may be requested while any customer visits or uses the website.
Further when you browse our Website, we may collect information regarding the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the Internet Protocol address of the computer or Internet Service Provider you are using, and anonymous site statistical data. The Website uses cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Personal Information will not be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
A2. Personal Information Sought :
As soon as you login to our Website for making a Reservation, you will have to provide us with true and correct details of your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests traveling with you (if any) and your travel preferences for your accommodation and any disability related information. Further, we may also collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been Further you can also create a user account and save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future reservations effortlessly.
A3. Personal Information used for :
Your Personal Information may inter alia be used for the following purposes:
- i. Enquiry and Reservation: When you access our Website, your personal information shall be used to provide you with accommodation options and other related travel services necessary to complete your reservation.
- ii. Customer Care: We provide international customer care service from our local offices. Sharing your details with our global customer care service personnel allows for a quick response when you need us including helping you find an appropriate accommodation and any questions you might have about your reservation.
- iii. Customer Feedback/ Online Survey: We value the opinions and comments from the Customers, so we frequently conduct online surveys to collect your feedback. Participation in these surveys is entirely optional. Typically, the information is aggregated, and used to make improvements to the Website and its services and to develop appealing content, features and promotions for Website members. Survey participants are anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey.
- iv. Marketing: We may also use your information for marketing activities.
- v. Automatic Logging of Session Data: We automatically log generic information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which we call “session data”, that is anonymous and not linked to any Personal Information. Session data consists of things such as IP address, operating system and type of browser software being used and the activities conducted by the user while on the Website. An IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the internet, such as our web servers, know where to send data back to the user, such as the pages of the Website the user wishes to view. We collect session data because it helps us analyze such things as what items visitors are likely to click on most, the way visitors are clicking through the Website, how many visitors are surfing to various pages on the Website, how long visitors to the Website are staying and how often they are visiting. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. Although such information does not identify any visitor personally, it is possible to determine from an IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the approximate geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
- a. First and foremost, you can rest assured that no personally identifiable information (“PII”) about you (e.g., name, address, etc.) is gathered or stored in the cookies placed by the Website and, as a result, none can be passed on to any third parties.
- c. A cookie may also be placed by our advertising server. Such cookies are used only for purposes of tracking the effectiveness of advertising served by us on our Website and no PII is gathered from you by the use of these cookies, nor is this information shared with any third parties. Similarly, a cookie may be placed by our third party advertising companies or advertisement providers or servers.These companies may use aggregated statistics about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about travel – related goods and services that you may be interested in or any goods and services of potential interest to you. The information they collect does not include your PII.
- d. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies. But by changing the options on your web browser or using certain software programs, you can control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your browser. Umoja.in supports your right to block any unwanted Internet activity, especially that of unscrupulous websites. However,blocking Umoja.in cookies may disable certain features on the Website,and may make it impossible to purchase or use certain services available on the Website. Please note that it is possible to block cookie activity from certain websites while permitting cookies from websites you trust, like Umoja.in.
A.4. Sharing of your Personal Information :
Umoja.in shall have the right at its discretion to share your Personal Information with third parties for the following purposes:
- a. Hotel Chain: We need to transfer relevant reservation details to the accommodation providers to enable us to complete your reservation request. This may include information like your name, contact and payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
- b. Corporate Partners and Other Service Providers: In order to support you during the reservation process and throughout your travels, your details may be shared with subsidiaries and/or business partners of Umoja.in. Further, we may use third-party service providers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market our accommodation and services on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. These third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal informatiofor any purposes other than those specified.
- c.Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
A.5. Safeguards to be taken by you:
A.6. Safeguards taken by us :
- We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information in order to safeguard your privacy in accordance with the data protection laws of India.
- We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
- Your credit card details – when they are needed as part of the reservation process – are stored for a maximum of 10 days. After that, your credit card data will be either permanently deleted from our systems or will remain hashed in our system for fraud detection purposes. This is unless you have chosen to store your credit card details in your personal account.
Thank you for using UMOJA!